The Rotary and Masons of Wolfeboro will be co-hosting the annual Rotary Golf Tournament this year. As always, this fun event is a way to support youth scholarship and programming in our community. 100% of the profits from this tournament go to the children of Wolfeboro. Why is this important? Without the assistance of our friends and neighbors, it would not be possible to assist at the level that we do in our community.
Rotary has been in Wolfeboro since 1927. Over the past 93 years, projects supported by the Rotary Club of Wolfeboro have included the following (representative but not complete):
- Contribution to the Huggins Hospital Building Fund.
- Contribution to the Brewster Academy Building Fund.
- Local school scholarship awards.
- Funds and manpower to assist in building Foss Field
- Funds and manpower to assist m the repair of the old firehouse on Lehner Street (now the Community Center Building).
- Participation in the Group Study Exchange Program of Rotary International.
- Contributions and support of the Polio Plus project of Rotary International.
- Funding, design, construction, and lighting of the Russell C. Chase Bridge-Falls Path.
- Participation in the Rotary International Youth Exchange Program.
- Contributions and support of the Wolfeboro Area Children’s Center
- Contribution to the Wolfeboro Historical Society’s project for a new town history.
- Contribution to the community bandstand in Cate Park.
- Annual radio auction for charity.
- Annual Christmas tree sales to raise funds for charitable purposes.
- Support of a variety of community-wide projects designed to maintain the quality of life in Wolfeboro
The Masons are the world's oldest organization. They are a non-profit fraternal organization committed to the helping the community, those in need and self improvement. Their work supports local scholarship programs, Masonic Charities, and Scouting.
This once-a-year event contributes greatly to our efforts but our work is continual. If you would like to help out more causes than you have time for, why not consider a group that supports many causes? Both Rotary and the Masons are looking for new members who would like to make a difference. For more information, contact:
The Masons: email@example.com